History Unlocked – July 2017, Mills in Concord – CTHS

Nicholas Newlin Mill, early 1900’s. The Tenant House along Baltimore Pike is on the right, the Mill House is on the left. The second oldest mill in Concord Township, in operation by 1696, was a saw mill built by Nicholas Newlin north of Scott Rd, on Route 1. It later became a spoke mill

Newlin Grist Mill | This Haunted Place

The original mill was built in 1704 by Nathaniel Newlin and is the only working 18th century grist mill left in the state. After three centuries, the fascinating complex which includes numerous other buildings besides the mill, is once again under the control of the Newlin family. But it is the Miller''s house that interests us most at this point.

History | Newlin Historical So

Jacob Hayes House, Newlin Township, Chester County, PA. It was built in 1841 and is loed next to the Hayes Homestead and near to the Hayes Mill House. It is a two-story, stuccoed stone dwelling in a Federal / Greek Revival style.

Timeline of Ownership of Newlin Grist Mill – Newlin Grist Mill

1768 Thomas Newlin inherits 500 acres from his father, Nicholas (Thomas had little interest in the mill and leased it to John Trile from 1768-1771) 1772 – Lease turned over from John Trile to Daniel Trile (1772-1774) 1774 – Lease turned over from Daniel Trile to William Trile (1774-1778)

Nicholas and Elizabeth Newlin

The mill is frame and stone and the miller''s house of fieldstone adjoins the mill, and is now as it was originally built, 2 rooms up and 2 down, with a beehive oven outside the kitchen fireplace. The mill was purchased in the 1950s by a Newlin descendant, was fully restored, and again grinds corn into meal.

ASHMEAD''S HISTORY OF DELAWARE COUNTY, PA, 1884

A short distance below this mill, in 1696, Nicholas Newlin built a saw-mill, which in 1790 was owned by Nathaniel Newlin, in 1802 by Thomas Newlin, and in 1817 by Benjamin Newlin. The grist-mill, from 1810 to 1820, was rented and operated by Mendenhall and Pennell, and after the latter date by John Newlin.

Nathaniel Newlin, Sr. (1665 - 1729) - Genealogy

May 24, 2018· In 1957, the Nicholas Newlin Foundation was created by E. Mortimer Newlin, a ninth generation descendant, to restore and maintain the mill as a museum. Today, the foundation ''s purpose is to preserve the 150 acres, which are a refuge for plants, animals, and s, as well as the park''s historic buildings for pleasure and eduion of the public.

Concordville vaion rentals

The Thomas Newlin Mill House is an 18th century house with all the comforts of home in a park like setting. It is truly your home away from home with deluxe accomadations and all the charm of a historic home. There are two bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths. One bedroom has

Newlin Mill Millers House – CTHS - Concord Township

Newlin Mill Millers House Nathaniel Newlin and Mary Mendenhall came to America on the Liver of Liverpool in 1683, he from Ireland with his parents, she with her brothers from England. After their marriage, they established a grist mill along the West Branch of Chester creek, downstream from two mills owned by his father, and a third mill owned

Newlin’s Mill Historical Marker

May 20, 2006· A covenant prevented Newlin from grinding grain and competing with Richard Thomas'' mill on the east side of Brookeville. By 1825 however, a notice to sell the mill described Newlin''s as a grist, saw, oil and clover seed mill. Later owners and millers included William Downs and Charles Henry Shaw. The mill ceased operation in the early 1900s.

thomas newlin mill house pa

Newlin Mill Millers House Nathaniel Newlin and Mary Mendenhall came to America on the Liver of Liverpool in 1683, he from Ireland with his parents, she with her brothers from England. After their marriage, they established a grist mill along the West Branch of Chester creek, downstream from two mills owned by his father, and a third mill owned

America''s Founding Father''s | The Pierce Family Historian

The village encompasses the Newlin Mill Historic District (Newlin Mill and its buildings, Markham Railroad Station and Post Office, and the William Trile House and property (of more I will elaborate later), including the only operating Colonial mill remaining open to the public in the United States.”

Nathaniel Newlin Sr. (1665-1729) - Find A Grave Memorial

Built a grist mill near Concordville PA in 1704 on land deeded to his father by William Penn. It ran commercially until 1941 and is now the Newlin Gristmill historical museum and park.

21896 Newlin Mill Rd, Middleburg, VA - Thomas G Hopkins

UCC filings contain the name of Thomas G Hopkins in connection to this address. This address is #24 among addresses in the city by the nuer of mentions in UCC filings. This is a single family property. The building is 10 years old. The price for this house on Dec 7, 2009 was at $396,000. #620286941000 is the parcel nuer.

Welcome to the Thomas Massey House website

Newlin Grist Mill 1696 Thomas Massey House Tyler Arboretum Haverford Hist. Soc. Newtown Square Hist. Soc. Norwood Hist. Soc. Ridley Park Marple Hist. Soc. Ridley Township Historic Sugartown Middletown historical Society Library Thing''s Thomas Massey House Delaware County Historical Society

Newlin Mill Complex - WikiMili, The Free Encyclopedia

The Newlin Mill Complex, also referred to as The Newlin Grist Mill, is a water powered gristmill on the west branch of Chester Creek near Concordville, Pennsylvania was built in 1704 by Nathaniel and Mary Newlin and operated commercially until 1941. During its three centuries of operation, the mill

Welcome to the Thomas Massey House website

Newlin Grist Mill 1696 Thomas Massey House Tyler Arboretum Haverford Hist. Soc. Newtown Square Hist. Soc. Norwood Hist. Soc. Ridley Park Marple Hist. Soc. Ridley Township Historic Sugartown Middletown historical Society Library Thing''s Thomas Massey House Delaware County Historical Society

Newlin’s Mill Historical Marker

May 20, 2006· Initially, Newlin operated an oil mill on this site, grinding flax seed into linseed oil. A covenant prevented Newlin from grinding grain and competing with Richard Thomas'' mill on the east side of Brookeville. By 1825 however, a notice to sell the mill described Newlin''s as a grist, saw, oil and clover seed mill. Later owners and millers

Newlin Miller''s House - Wikipedia

The Newlin Miller''s House was built by William Newlin in the early nineteenth century in West Whiteland Township, Chester County, Pennsylvania, in the narrow valley of Little Broad Run, a tributary of the East Branch of Brandywine Creek.William inherited the land from his father, John Newlin, who bought the land in 1788. He constructed the house and a sawmill which was described in 1858 as a

Newlin Mill Millers House – CTHS - Concord Township

Newlin Mill Millers House Nathaniel Newlin and Mary Mendenhall came to America on the Liver of Liverpool in 1683, he from Ireland with his parents, she with her brothers from England. After their marriage, they established a grist mill along the West Branch of Chester creek, downstream from two mills owned by his father, and a third mill owned